Washington State DSHS Nurse Educator in Buckley, Washington
Follow your passion for nursing beyond the bedside as a temporary Nurse Educator (Registered Nurse 3) at Rainier Habilitation Center.
If you are self-motivated, independent, highly collaborative, and are looking for an opportunity to become a change agent to bring an evidence based standard of quality and safe care for adults with neurodevelopmental disabilities, look no further. Our nurses do great work in supporting a vulnerable population who need our assistance to discover their ability to achieve more and enhance their life skills.
Although this assignment is temporary, you would be eligible for benefits as the appointment is expected to last about a year, possibly longer.
Our RNs recently received a considerable pay raise, which reflects the value they add to the Department of Social and Health Services. There are variable hours, but overtime is well compensated.
The commute is normally less than an hour from major city areas with minimal traffic congestion to Rainier School in Buckley.
Duties: You'll play a critical role as the go-to person who brings people and teams together by providing leadership in adult education. The work you do drives behavior change and performance improvement.
Fast forward one year, you'll be well-established in educational services, giving orientation and on-going education for nursing staff and non-licensed caregivers.
Some of what you'll do:
- Partner with nursing staff, supervisors, and management to gain subject matter expertise for evidence-based practices in nursing
- Provide an array of quality and effective educational experiences to nursing staff
- Plan and develop curricula centered on evidence-based practices and adult learning principles
- Deliver education experiences utilizing multiple instructional methodologies
- Provide instruction that includes hands-on experiences in the living units and in-classroom facilitation
We're looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor of Science and/or Master's in Nursing.
- A current unrestricted RN license to practice nursing in the State of Washington.
- Two years of professional experience working with developmentally disabled, mentally disabled, or the elderly. (This can include one year of experience in a Long Term Care facility, community mental health program, or residential facility offering nursing services).
- Two years of professional experience with curriculum development as an educator, instructor, trainer, coach, or mentor.
- Experience in curriculum development and theories in adult education.
- Working knowledge of CMS regulatory standards and the survey process for residential settings.
Application process: In order to be considered, please complete the online application, attach your resume/CV, and a cover letter.
Questions? Feel free to contact the Recruiter. Email link: Anthony Distefano or call 360-725-5825. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $70,776.00 - $116,004.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Buckley, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-06451
Closing: 8/9/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact