Dignity Health Medical Assistant - Cert RO in Carmichael, California
The Medical Assistant (MA) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code and for satisfactorily completing the Dignity Health Medical Foundation orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance.
The MA maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician / provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, physician assistant or licensed Vocational Nurse. This includes assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data. Documenting patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patients’ medical record for the physician's review. Administrating medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation.
This position may have access to third party credit card information and transactional systems (cash registers, point of sale devices, applications supporting credit card transactions, and reports or other documents containing credit card information) from single transactions or a single card at a time.
* Satisfactory completion of a formal Medical Assistant program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program (determination by Dignity Health Medical Foundation H.R. department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions.)
* Have and maintain an MA Certificate through an accredited a school. Certification must be obtained through one of the private agencies approved by the Medical Board of California:
o 1. American Association of Medical Assistants (preferred)
o 2. American Medical Technologists
o 3. California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants
o 4. Multi-skilled Medical Certification Institute, Inc.
* Six (6) month's experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent. * Have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers (includes AED training) through the American Heart Association (AHA) and maintain BLS Certification while employed.
* Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-9 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice is essential. Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred. * Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills are essential. This position is represented by SEIU-UHW The ideal candidate will work Saturdays to support the Saturday clinics
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation offers an outstanding Total Rewards package that integrates competitive pay with a state-of-the-art, flexible Health & Welfare benefits package. Our cafeteria-style benefit program gives employees the ability to choose the benefits they want from a wide variety of options, including medical, dental and vision plans, for whichDignity Health Medical Foundation pays 100% of the employee and dependent premium (no employee contribution is required). We also offer premiere Retirement Benefits including aPension Plan, and a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with a generous employer-match. Other benefits include Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement benefit of $3,000 per-employee-per-year, annual Employee Recognition, and more.
Job: *Medical Assistant
Organization: *Dignity Health Medical Foundation
Title: Medical Assistant - Cert RO
Location: California-Greater Sacramento Service Area-Carmichael-Dignity Health Medical Foundation San Juan
Requisition ID: 1700017700
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.