University of Virginia Health System RN - Lynchburg Dialysis (wage, PRN) in Charlottesville, Virginia
Responsible for providing and coordinating interdisciplinary patient care utilizing the nursing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care progressing patient towards desired outcomes.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Range: 25.80 - 42.70
Primary Location: Lynchburg City-Lynchburg
Work Locations: Lynchburg Dialysis (LynchDial) 103 Clifton St. Lynchburg, 24501
Job: Registered Nurse
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2017
Req ID: 33309