Corrections Corporation of America - Cushing Mental Health Coordinator in Cushing, Oklahoma
This job was posted by https://okjobmatch.com : For more information, please see: https://okjobmatch.com/ada/r/jobs/1350145
At CoreCivic, our Mental Health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking Mental Health Coordinators who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Mental Health Coordinator plans professional mental health service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. Coordinates and directs activities of personnel engaged in providing mental health services to inmates/residents.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on review of available records, and clinical interviews with inmates.
2. As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical staff, e.g., psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health service provider's physicians, nurse, and social workers, in order to gather and provide information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated and patient care follow-through occurs.
3. Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
4. Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
5. Consults with and makes appropriate recommendations to multidisciplinary staff (e.g., security staff, unit staff, and facility management) regards behavior and mental health issues affecting inmates.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
7. Demonstrated a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
8. Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis.
9. Administrators mental status exams or uses other psychological tests and instruments as necessary to evaluate inmates' treatment, adjustment and placement needs.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
CoreCivic Safety, a national leader in high quality corrections and detention management;
CoreCivic Properties, offering a wide range of innovative, cost-saving government real estate solutions;
CoreCivic Community, a growing network of residential re-entry centers to help tackle America's recidivism crisis.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in social work, psychology, mental health counseling or a degree in a related clinical area. Five years clinical experience which includes two years in a comparable job position required. Must possess appropriate certification or licensing in the state where practice occurs. A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by contract or applicable statute. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.