Exeter Hospital EH - OB Technician II in Exeter, New Hampshire
Provides support to the unit and direct patient care to Family Center patients.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Licensed Nursing Assistant - N.H. state
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures; objectives; quality improvement programs; safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
- Provides personal care to patients as needed/requested.
- Performs phlebotomy for department including daily blood draws and as requested.
- Assists RN with patient care including; but not limited to; vital signs; glucose testing and setting delivery carts using sterile technique.
- Orders and maintains adequate levels of supplies for the Family Center. Stocks C-section room; LDRPs and pediatric patient rooms with appropriate and adequate levels of supplies.
- Ensures that C-section and LDRP rooms are set up and ready for patient use. This includes having appropriate equipment in room.
- Performs universal newborn hearing screening on infants per policy and procedure. Determines proper functioning of medical equipment to assure patient safety.
- Assists with secretarial function of answering phones and filing as necessary for smooth operation of nursing unit.
- Maintain competency to independently scrub c-sections under the supervision of the circulating RN.