Valley View Medical Center Emergency Department Registration Clerk - PRN in Georgetown, Kentucky
Georgetown Community Hospital is currently searching for a Patient Registrar to join our team in a PRN basis. This is a position within a growing team of patient registration professionals within the Emergency Room Department. You would be greeting, conversing with, and gathering information from patients as they enter the ER and require emergency services. Your high school diploma or GED and 2 years solid work experience in customer service or healthcare are the minimal requirements for the position.
We are a community hospital dedicated to making our community healthier. This position plays a critical role in delivering high quality care! You would be the first person to greet patients, learn important information from them, walk people through the admitting/registration process and communicate that information to physicians and nursing teams. You don’t have to be a Nurse or Doctor to have an impact on people’s health. As a Registrar you have important role in delivering a positive experience for our patients.
If you have ever considered getting into the healthcare field then this is an excellent way to get started. This opens the door to a healthcare experience. Many nurses, physicians, and even executives at Georgetown have gotten their start in healthcare as a Registrar. We have a solid training program. You will learn that this is more than just greeting patients… you will have the opportunity to learn in-depth about the business of healthcare. Additionally, we have an excellent view of the hospital because we work with all departments in the building to provide support from an administrative stand-point. In all, there is a lot of opportunity from this role.
- Accurately obtain demographic information from patients and update information in the hospital IT systems.
- Provide Patients and Family Members with educational information and materials.
- Provide excellent customer service to patient and staff members.
- Obtain appropriate signatures as well as explanations of such signatures.
- Verify all insurance information and obtaining pre-cert/authorization when required by insurance.
- Ensure all information obtained in the registration interview, is communicated with the nursing staff or ancillary department staff members.
- Collect upfront copays/coinsurances from patients
- Participate in Staff and Quality Improvement meetings.
- Verify Insurance and notify patient of their expected out of pocket expense.
- Make appropriate Status changes on Patients for all Departments
- Answering of the PBX transferring calls to appropriate location as well as calling of codes within hospital in a professional manner.
- Smiling and providing caring customer service.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous experience helpful
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Georgetown Community Hospital
Title: Emergency Department Registration Clerk - PRN
Requisition ID: 7427-1714