Iasis Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Medicine - Medical Psychiatry - FT, 7p - 7a in Houston, Texas
Under thegeneral supervision of the Director/Associate Director, renders professionalnursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards ofpractice/care. In doing so, assessespatient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, providestreatments, provides appropriate patient education, evaluates patient’sprogress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs andtreatments. Assists with examinationsand prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
A mental health treatment team delivers care and services consistent with professional standards of practice, licensure laws, and regulations. The treatment team works together to restore, improve and maintain the patient's assessment level of psychiatric functioning while minimizing symptoms, exacerbation of chronic illnesses, impairments, and disabilities by utilizing an individualized treatment plan. There are 93 beds available.
There is a 12 bed Women's Behavioral Unit for professional women with mood disorders.
One year experience in Psych or Behavioral Medicine.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of theState ofTexasto practice professional nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
Education & Training
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job reference #: 1705053