Iasis Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) - GI Lab (Endo) in Houston, Texas
Participates in comprehensive care of the patient undergoing an endoscopic procedures. This includes continuous assessment, monitoring, administration and maintenance of sedation and analgesia under the direction of a physician. Serves ages adolescent through elderly adult.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses patients prior to and during procedures.
- Manages patient during all stages of Conscious Sedation.
- Manages and maintains a variety of endoscopic equipment.
- Manages collection, labeling, presentation, and transport of multiple specimens. These include specimens collected in a variety of procedures, and multiple specimens from individual patients.
- Participates as assigned in Endoscopy on-call schedule and arrives on-site within 45 minutes.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The clinical areas include Pre-admission Testing, Day Surgery (Pre-op and Phase II Recovery), OR, PACU (Phase I Recovery) and ENDO.
Hours of operation are from 0630 until 1500, with 3 procedure rooms from 7a-2p.
The department is open for urgent/emergent procedures on weekends, holidays and after hours.
One year experience in surgical services or critical care.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State ofTexas to practice professional nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is recommended, but not required.
Education & Training
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job reference #: 1705306