Mount Sinai Medical Center Anesthesia Technician in Miami Beach, Florida
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN - FT
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Main OR team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
- Checks, maintains, and prepares all anesthesia machines and carts daily.
- Checks, maintains, and prepares all related anesthesia equipment such as EKG monitors, defibrillators, etc.
- Available in surgical suites when needed and scheduled for assistance.
- Cleans, checks, and sterilizes all soiled anesthesia equipment according to policy as observed or reported to supervisor.
- Cleans stethoscopes and blood pressure cuffs daily.
- Changes carbon dioxide absorbers as needed.
- Cleans, checks and stocks all anesthesia carts daily with medication trays and supplies.
- Disinfects all contaminated items as outlined in the policies and procedures manual.
- Visually inspects all anesthesia related accessories, hose, and power cord connections.
- Reports immediately to anesthesia technologist any deficiency or fault in operation.
- Dual Trace Doppler must be recharged after use and plugged into electrical outlet in anesthesia storage room.
- Check battery voltage before use of peripheral nerve stimulators and exchange batteries when low.
- Dispose all sharps in proper container.
- Cleans all reusable equipment according to policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains a clean and orderly anesthesia supply room at all times.
- Maintains locked storage area for compressed gases.
- Orders compressed gases as needed.
- Orient anesthesia residents to the physical set-up of the facility as observed by supervisor.
- Assists anesthesiologists in completing medical records by bringing medical records for their signature.
- Maintains patient care equipment, alerts charge nurse or core desk about necessary repairs, red tags broken equipment, and initiates calls to engineering/biomedical as needed.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Minimum Requirements: CPR certification required. High School Diploma or equivalent. 1 year OR/anesthesia experience required, some Medical Terminology exp. Preferred.
Location: US - Florida - Miami Beach
Requisition Number: 1347