Cigna Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant in Nashville, Tennessee
Provides assistance and support to physicians and other medical providers in assessing, planning, and providing patient care and ensuring the delivery of quality care and services. Responsible for conducting patient visits/assessments related to acute and chronic care management. Assist with the development, implementation, management, and achievement of specific programs / site objectives and core initiatives. These would include coding proficiency and documentation/completion of P4Q, HEDIS, and STARSmeasures.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Responsible for completing annual health risk assessments (also known as 360 assessments or Enhanced Encounter assessments) in the clinic setting.
- Physicals conducted in a clinic setting, and are in direct coordination with the primary practice/physician. These physicals will be documented electronically, and the follow-up care will be performed by the primary care provider.
- Assist the health plan to gather relevant clinical information prior to the patient visit, determine what measures are currently due, perform member’s physical assessment, document clinical findings, and had off the test result and medical plan dispositions to the primary care provider.
- Proactively coordinate with the Practice Administrator / Lead Physician to implement clinical activities to enhance management of comprehensive physical exams, chronic care diseases, and clinical process activities.
- Actively work with staff to create a customer centric experience by having a positive and helpful environment, process that provides easy access to care and a workflow that is time efficient
- Proficient in documentation and coding
- Identify gaps in careIdentify, develop, and implement clinical protocols and obtain approval from physicians to see and assess patients.
- Remains compliant with all Policy and Procedures established for clinical services/POC
- Provides clinical assessment and treatment that positively affects clinical outcomes & performance measures.
- Conduct relevant patient education training and coordinate with health plan programs in all applicable settings.
- Conduct presentations and community sessions pertaining to disease specific process and preventive care specific to the senior segment.
·Develops a strong core relationship with oversight and referring physicians by working with Net Ops in determining where relationship gaps are and develop action plan.
·Customer – Centricity and/or Lumeris Enhanced Encounter
·Drive for Results
·Ethics and Values
·Integrity and Trust
·Drive for Results
·Cross Cultural Sensitivity
· Graduate from an accredited program as a Nurse Practitioner (NP), Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses, and a current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in applicable state.
· Two years of experience as Nurse Practitioner
· Experience practicing within either an Internal Medicine or Family Practice setting.
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Current Board Certification as an Adult, Family, or Geriatric Nurse Practitioner.
- The nurse practitioner does not need to possess prescriptive authority or have a drug enforcement agency (DEA) certificate to perform the functions of this role, unless prescriptive authority and/or possession of a DEA certificate is a pre-requisite for state licensure.
· Hospital experience as a Registered Nurse and/or Nurse Practitioner
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Nashville-Tennessee
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 12:46:43 PM