State of Minnesota Skills Development Specialist - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Silver Bay, Minnesota
This job posting will be used tofill four identicalSkills Development Specialist positions at the Minnesota Veterans Home- Silver Bay. The shift is day/evening. Positions are insurance eligible.
The Skills Development Specialist works directly with complex residents, such as those with dementia, and is responsible for creating life engagement activities and programs to reduce out of character responses to enhance quality of life and quality of care outcomes. As part of the skills development team, this position develops and implements individualized programming, educates, coaches, and leads other interdisciplinary staff and residents’ families in carrying out individual program plans to ensure consistency in implementation.
Meet one of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services-related field AND at least 1 year full-time equivalent work experience providing direct care services OR
- Associate degree in human services-related field AND at least 2 years full-time equivalent work experience providing direct care services OR
- An equivalent amount of education and experience (based on 1 year of full time equivalent work experience equal to 1 year of related education, transcripts may be required)
**Have knowledge of:
- Behavior support strategies sufficient to plan and design individual resident programs
- Training methods sufficient to ensure program delivery for staff to learn and understand the purpose and methods of implementing individual resident program plans;
- Assessment instruments and measurement principles sufficient to develop valid, reliable measures of residents' needs and progress;
- Basic health and safety principles and requirements sufficient to ensure safety needs of residents are met;
Have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively sufficient to ensure treatment documentation is accurate and provides the interdisciplinary team with a common understanding of goals and progress;
- Translate behavior observations into quantifiable data
- Experience in long term care
- Experience in care plan development
Perform a variety of movements throughout the day such as walking, standing, sitting, bending, twisting, stooping, lifting, carrying, reaching, grasping, pushing, and pulling.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
- Finalists will be required to pass a job-related pre-employment physical.
- A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment.
- Employment reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance and contact with the applicant's former employer(s).
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Located on the scenic North Shore overlooking Lake Superior, the Minnesota Veterans Home – Silver Bay provides skilled nursing care for 83 residents in a small town environment. All staff are committed to providing high quality care and services to the residents by following a person-centered social model of care for all residents. Residents’ needs are met by our caring professional interdisciplinary staff, providing 24-hour health care. The team works together to provide residents with programs individually designed to meet their physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs. Our location is 60 miles north of Duluth, MN.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Danielle Holbeck, Danielle.Holbeck@state.mn.us 218-353-8694 or Sarah Reimer, Sarah.Reimer@state.mn.us, 218-353-8693.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Skills Development Specialist - Life Enrichment Coordinator
Location: Silver Bay
Job ID: 15514
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/09/2017
Closing Date: 08/23/2017
Work Shift: Day / Evenings
Work Hours: Day / Evenings
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day / Evenings
Days of Work: Varies
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $18.66 -26.99 $ /hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Job Class: Skills Development Specialist
Working Title: Life Enrichment Coordinator