Washington State DSHS Adult Family Home Licensor in Vancouver, Washington
Are you a Registered Nurse who is passionate about ensuring resident well-being and safety in adult family homes? Join us today - we need your skills to conduct onsite adult family home inspections for state licensure. This is a great opportunity for the person looking for a highly visible position whose investigative work can be responsible for transforming the life of a resident receiving long term care services and which can lead to even further career advancement.
As an Adult Family Home Licensor, you will be responsible for conducting onsite adult family home inspections and serve as a consulting resource person for allied health licensors.
Some of what you'll do:
- Conduct inspections in state licensed adult family homes.
- Complete required data entry and reports.
- Make observations of resident services and care and the physical environment in which the services are provided.
- Plan and organize the workload.
- Conduct interviews with individual residents, resident family members and other community representatives to obtain information regarding practices of providers and resident's satisfaction with the care and services provided.
- Evaluate nursing care within parameters of state regulations.
- Recognize and analyze deficient practice.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population.
- Computer skills to effectively use and maintain programs related to the position.
- Ability to maintain an objective, professional and respectful demeanor.
- Ability to evaluate residential care services.
- Ability to exercise objective judgment.
- Ability to understand regulatory requirements.
Who should apply
Professionals who 1) have a Master's degree in nursing, or a Bachelor's degree involving major study in nursing and three years of clinical or functional nursing experience and two years of clinical experience in the field of nursing and 2) hold a valid Washington State license to practice as a registered nurse and a combination of the following experiences:
- Knowledge about resident rights, advocacy, and prevention of abuse and neglect;
- Investigation and regulatory oversight in a community and/or governmental setting;
- Long-term residential care facilities;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of residential nursing services;
- Public health and professional nursing fields;
- Community organizations and resources.
Include with your application:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter describing how you qualify for this job.
For questions about job 05182, contact David Ozment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require a full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $4,838.00 - $6,351.00 Monthly
Location: Clark County – Vancouver, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2017-05182
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 7/10/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact