Easter Seals Behavior Interventionist - Rancho Bernardo in United States
Behavior Interventionist - Rancho Bernardo
Part-time*; posted:* Monday, Jul 17 2017
Easterseals Southern California
This position will provide quality, discipline-specific treatment for children with developmental delays, disabilities, and autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
The Interventionist will monitor the development of children in home, the community and/or other natural settings, providing 1:1 specialized behavior intervention services to children, and parent education, according to goals described in the treatment plan. Ensure effective communication between all support team members. Complete necessary program and participant-related documents and reports. Attend meetings as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in early childhood education, psychology, nursing or related field, plus one year of related experience with children with autism spectrum disorders or related developmental disabilities; or, the equivalent of two years of college coursework with a concentration in early childhood education, psychology, nursing or related field, plus five years of related experience with children with autism spectrum disorders or related developmental disabilities; or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with preference to programs related to early childhood education, psychology, nursing or related field, plus 2 years related experience with children with autism spectrum disorders or related developmental disabilities.
- Familiar with and/or willing to learn and implement the approaches to intervention based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis. Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills. Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must relate well to children and their families.
- Very good working knowledge in all applicable computer programs (Microsoft Office).
- Valid CPR certification.
- Ability to pass background/fingerprint clearance, health screenings and provide/obtain immunizations.
- Reliable transportation, proof of valid California driver's license, safe driving record, proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Travel required to assigned areas.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Bilingual skills a plus.