Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE in FAIRFAX, Virginia
This position is eligible for a $20,000 Sign On Bonus! Registered Nurses with at least two years of Critical Care RN experience are eligible to receive a $20,000 sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive up to $20,000 in reimbursable relocation expenses. Your Critical Care RN experience must be within the same specialty area you are hired into. Those entering fellowship programs are not eligible. Accepting the bonus requires signing a 3 year employment agreement. Fair Oaks Hospital Emergency Department is looking for an experienced ED RN for Full Time night shift
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing excellent emergency care to adult and pediatric patients in Northern Virginia? Consider joining the Emergency Department at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital! With a strong shared governance structure in place, our exceptional ED nurses are involved in hospital-wide and unit-based councils that have directly contributed to improvements in patient care, as evidenced by our recent Magnet Hospital re-designation. Our ED nursing staff has enjoyed a collaborative partnership with VEMA, our emergency physician group, for the past 28 years. The ED’s efficient team approach to care has allowed us to achieve top decile results in both patient experience as well as ED length of stay. We have a strong support staff consisting of clinical technicians, EMTs, transporters and patient safety associates. The ED has dedicated case managers and pharmacists to further enhance patient safety and optimal discharge planning. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic registered nurses to join our team!
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
Requires a minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. Strongly prefer at least one year ED RN experience BSN or AD Required If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and * Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend * Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses * Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. * Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN. BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
Work Site Address: 3600 JOSEPH SIEWICK DRIVE
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA